Modern NC milling machines allow manufacturing complex parts. One of the urgent problems at concave surface milling is rib rounding in the corners connected with the radius of the tool used. The existed methods for rounded rib updating are inefficient. For this reason there is a necessity in the development of a new method for angle formation in concave surfaces with the aid of layer-by-layer milling based on the principle of square rolling by Reuleaux triangle. In the paper presented there is offered a procedure for the calculation of a tool path at the agreed motion of feed drives and a spindle for the finish milling of concave surfaces with small rib rounding in the corners.
inner surface milling, unprocessed areas, productivity.
1. Ambrosimov, S.K., Bolshakov, A.N. Investigation of cutting dynamics at tooth leaving the area of machining at milling // Fundamental and Applied Problems of Technique and Technology. – 2010. – No.1. – pp. 29-34.
2. Ambrosimov, S.K., Veprentsev, O.Yu., Kosenkov, M.A., Bolshakov, A.N. Parameter investigation of layer cut at helical milling with spiral path // Fundamental and Applied Problems of Technique and Technology. – 2011. – No.6-7. – pp. 3-12.
3. Kozlov, A.M. Productivity increase in unprocessed area volume milling. / A.M. Kozlov, G.E. Malyutin // Proceedings of the Inter. Scientif.-Tech. Conf. “Mechanical Engineering – Basis of Technological Development of Russia”. Kursk. – 2013, pp. 307-310.
4. Kozlov, A.M., Malyutin, G.E. Efficiency increase of 3D finish volume milling on NC machines // Science Intensive Technologies in Mechanical Engineering. – 2014. – No.6. – pp. 39-43.
5. Malyutin, G.E. Definition of cutting forces at volume finish machining of concave complex surfaces by ball mills on NC machines // Fundamental and Applied Problems of Tech-nique and Technology. – 2014. – No.4(306). – pp. 74-81.